Application Criteria & Rental Rules
Thank you for considering Bruni/Karr as your housing provider. We provide quality homes throughout the area, and look for quality tenants to fill them. To make the home shopping process as smooth as possible, please review the following information before completing your application. It is disclosed that the Bruni/Karr Agency has a written brokerage relationship with the Owner of the property to act on the Owner's behalf with the respect to the leasing and/or management of the rental property.
Income Level You should have Monthly Gross Income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount. Married couples may combine income. Two or more non-married applicants may combine income provided a Roomate Agreement is attached to the Rental Agreement. We must be able to verify employment history and income.
Acceptable forms of verifiable income are current pay stubs with year to date earnings, last year's income tax return, W-2, year to date earning on company letterhead, current year to date balance sheet and income and expense statement, verifiable documents for child support or alimony, copies of real estate contracts, and verification of income from other sources, (e.g. social security, disability, retirement).
Credit History To determine credit worthiness we obtain a report from a credit reporting agency.
Rental History Your previous residencies must be verifiable, free of evictions and unpaid rents.
Pets Policies on pets vary from home to home. Please call the office to determine the pet policy for the home for which you are applying.
Submitting Your Application
Complete and sign the Application Form. You may receive an application at the office by mail, or fax, or from this site. There is no application fee. Generally when there is more than one application pending for the same home, the first application with deposit shall have priority. A property may be put "on hold" with an application and deposit for a short period of time while the application is processed. An application for each unmarried applicant is required.
Signing The Lease
Once you are approved, you will be notified by phone and we will schedule a lease-signing appointment. All adults must sign the lease. At that time, money for deposit will be due. Rent is due on or before the lease start date.
Our Office The Bruni/Karr Agency is at 12412 Menaul NE, the southwest corner of Menaul & Tramway. Office hours are M-F 8:00 am - 5:30 pm and Saturday 9:00 am -1:00 pm.
Fair Housing It is unlawful to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status. We strictly adhere to this policy.
- Leases - All leases require a 30-day written notice to vacate even if the move is in conjunction with a lease expiration. Residents must allow property to be shown during notice period.
- Rent - All rents are due in full on the 1st of the month. Late fees begin on the 6th of the month.
- Insurance - The landlord/property owner carries a fire policy that covers the dwelling only. Insurance coverage for the contents (i.e. your furniture, personal possessions, etc.), if desired, must be provided by the resident. We recommend that resident obtain liability coverage also to cover negligent or accidental acts by resident, family, and/or guests.
- Maintenance - The property owner is responsible for maintenance of structural and mechanical systems in the home. Resident is responsible for proper care and use of the house and for any expense that is a result of abuse, neglect or misuse.
- Pest Control - Occupants are responsible for extermination of insects and pests. Property owners are responsible for maintaining the premises in a reasonable insect-proof condition.
- Inspection - The Resident is required to complete the move-in inspection form provided by our office within 5 days of occupancy. In the event the resident fails to make the written report, the property will be deemed accepted by resident in good condition.
- Deposit Refund - Deposit, less itemized deductions, if any, will be mailed to Resident within 30 days of the termination of the lease.
Licensee Basic Duties
- Honesty and reasonable care;
- Compliance with all Fair Housing and anti-discrimination laws, NM Real Estate License Law, NM Uniform Owner Resident Relations Act and all other applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations;
- Performance of any and all oral or written agreements made with clients and customers;
- Assist clients and customers in completing and complying with the terms and conditions of the contract, the Agency will negotiate all offers and counter offers on behalf of the client;
- Agency acknowledges there may be matters outside Agency’s knowledge or expertise and suggest that the client or customer seek expert advise on those matters;
- Prompt accounting for all monies and property received;
- Agency has a Brokerage Relationship with the client and will notify the customer of the Brokerage Relationship;
- Disclosure of any adverse material facts actually known about the property or the financial ability of the parties to complete the transaction; 9) Maintain confidential information except with client consent or required by law;
- Agency does not engage in any transaction regarding the buying or selling of property.